While most people like to focus on their spoken English, other skills as reading are very important to become a fluent user of the language.
Reading is a great way to expand vocabulary, to consolidate your understanding of grammar and most importantly it helps to speed up the normal language learning process.
Some tips to become a better reader in English are:
- When you come across a word you don’t know, write it down and look it up.
- If you are the kind of person who likes to read books before going to sleep or the newspaper with your morning coffee, then read them in English.
- Read what you already know, for example if you have a favourite novel in your first language then look for the English version and try to read it.
- If you are new to English, then start with something easy, like onlines books or even children books. The important thing is to start somewhere, the more you read the better you’ll become.
- Reading is as exercise a matter of habit. If you want to improve you need to do it often.
Audiobooks: Great Tools for Leaning
Audiobooks can be extremely useful whether you are learning a new language or trying to improve one that you already know. With them, you get all the benefits from reading books, while building your listening and pronunciation skills as well. If you’ve never tried listening to audiobooks, give them a try, you’ll love them, for sure!